Food, Photos and Travel

Friday, August 11, 2006

Leaving Soon

Typhoid Vaccine? Check. Vietnamese Visa? Check. Disposable Underwear? Check. Xanax....

Only a week and a half until I leave for the far east, and I have all but packed my bags. Jon and I watched Indochine (with Katherine Deneuve) a few nights ago. Part of the film is set in Halong Bay, and the scenery is just stunning. It's hard for me to believe I will be there, swimming in that bay, in just a few weeks. It will be a long journey getting there; from Hartford to New York City, and then from NYC to Seoul, Korea (14 hours!), and then on to Hanoi, Vietnam. I'll only have a day of rest before I have to take a 10 hour night train to the mountain hill staion of Sapa. It's going to be hot and humid, perhaps opressively so on some days, but in the end it will be worth it all.

Check back here for updates while I am away!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home