Food, Photos and Travel

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year!!

Happy New Year!!

Jon and I had a pretty uneventful New Years Eve. We stayed home and watched "The Brothers Grimm". OMG, what a terrible movie that was. Bad acting, bad plot, and bad special effects. Two thumbs down!

Below is my favorite photo of 2005. It was taken on the Galapagos Islands (San Cristobal Island, to be exact), during some free time we had in the main town. My husband and I encountered these two Blue Footed Boobies at the end of a dock. They let us walk right up to them, we took pictures with them, and I sat down no more two feet away and took pictures of them for at least 20 minutes. They would have let me stay even longer, but it started raining. I was literally only a foot away when I took this picture. The animals of the Galapagos still amaze me...



Please read more about the Galapagos Islands, and if you are able, donate a small amount to help the animals there. They do an amazing job at conserving the unique habits of the islands, but they could use our help.

http://www.darwinfoundation.org/index1.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home