Food, Photos and Travel

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

I'm going to Bali!

I have the best job in the world. In February, it will take me half way around the planet to the small Indonesian island of Bali. I will be spending several days working on a photoshoot for an Australian soap company, and the rest of time I will be focusing on shooting stock photos for Lonely Planet*. I will have a total of 10 days on the island, and though I wish it were longer, I think it will be enough time to give me a good feel for the island and the culture.

I'll be purchasing my plane tickets sometime this week, and plan on spending the next couple of months deciding on where to stay. I'm finding plenty of budget rooms, though, which I'm really excited about. I'd much rather stay at a $6 a night guest house then a $400 resort. I'm not going to fly 30 hours only to never leave my American style resort.

Planning is still in it's infancy right now, but I will sure to keep my blog updated as things come together.

Just to clarify... I don't work for Lonely Planet. YET. I am working on building by portfolio of travel photos which will all be submitted to Lonely Planet Images within the next year. So, while technically, I AM working for Lonely Planet, they just don't know it yet. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger eeniemoni said...

Can't wait to see all your pics, Rebecca. Bali sounds like such a dreamy place; and taking soap pics there also must just round it up nicely.
Have a fun trip

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home