Food, Photos and Travel

Monday, October 02, 2006

Fall has arrived!

I love this time of year. The weather is cooling down and the leaves are starting to change, and we've been able to use our new woodstove, which makes the house so cozy.

It is also a very busy time of year, so I have not updated this blog much lately. I have some new stuff to share though, so I will try to take the time to post it.

I recently shot some cosmetics for Oberon Cosmetics . That was a fun job, but getting the colors accurate was a challenge.





I have spent far too much money on new equipment lately, starting with the D200 in August which I purchased as a back up for the D2X and a travel camera. I wanted a lightweight kit for Vietnam, so I purchased a used 20mm prime to take along with my 35 and 85mm primes. Then a few weeks ago Jon, Quentin and I went to a camera show in Albany and I picked up a used 17-35mm f/2.8. This nicely rounds out my range of zoom lenses. Today, I found a nice "LN" copy of the 85mm f/2.8 PC Micro Nikkor. It tilts. It shifts. It's a macro lens. I can't wait to play with this lens. I have wanted it very badly for a very long time. The purpose of the tilt and shift lens is primarily for work. It will help me achieve parallel lines and greater depth of field with my product shots, which can not be achieved with a standard lens. I will be sure to post samples as soon as I get it :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home