Food, Photos and Travel

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

January

I can't believe it's been over a month since I've last posted! Actually, yes, I can believe it.... January is a lazy month of recovery, so many things get neglected this time of year.

Soo... what have I been up to? I started my third class at the Art Institute. The classes are online, and last 5 weeks each so they go by quickly. We are required to participate 4 days a week, so they take up a lot of time. The class I'm taking this session is Electronic Design, and it covered a lot of material, from creating newsletters, newspaper ads, magazine ads, and even designing logos and a 4 page website.

On the business side of things, it's been a slow month, but it usually is in January since most of my clients are recovering from the holidays. It's starting to pick back up, and I expect to be back in full swing very soon.

One of my friends from the Soap Dish Forum got married at the end of December. As a gift to her, a whole bunch of people pitched in to buy her product photography for her business, Faerie Made Soaps. In total, they raised almost $800! I was amazed at the outpouring of friendship. My gift to her, was to donate the rest of the project, to give her a set of completely custom photos just for her! We aren't finished yet, but here's a sneak peek of what I've created for her:



2 Comments:

Blogger Nutty-Crunchy Girly-Girl said...

Fae's pictures are gorgeous!!!!

7:40 PM  
Blogger Faerie Made said...

HEY! that's my soap! you make em look so purty!!!!

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home