Food, Photos and Travel

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Lemon Squash

One of my favorite things from Bali were the Lemon Squashes. A lemon squash is a delightfully refreshing drink made with soda water, lemon juice and a bit of sugar syrup (they are, apparently, quite popular in England and Australia... how did I not know about these before?). Here's my own recipe for a lemon squash that I came up with tonight:

3 tbs Lemon Juice
1 tbs Sugar Syrup
club soda

Fill a high ball glass with ice. Add the lemon juice and sugar syrup and fill with club soda. Enjoy!

4 Comments:

Blogger Tomorrow Girl said...

Yum! I'll have to try and make this soon, it makes my mouth water

4:05 AM  
Blogger Nutty-Crunchy Girly-Girl said...

Yum! Was it as good as what we had in Bali? I know Scott is going to love this!!! I'm assuming you used fresh squeezed lemons?

9:14 AM  
Blogger Rebecca Picard said...

It's hard to compare drinking a lemon squash in my jammies in front of the computer, to drinking one while looking out over the clove plantations of Munduk... but taste wise, it's pretty close.

Yes... fresh squeezed juice. It's quite sour with only one tablespoon of sugar syrup, so that can be adjusted to taste.

9:47 AM  
Blogger Nutty-Crunchy Girly-Girl said...

Good point, lol!

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home