Food, Photos and Travel

Monday, April 23, 2007

Gearing up for the Farmers' Market

It's hard to believe another market season is approaching. This is my 6th year with the Brattleboro Farmers' Market, located on Route 9 west (off exit 2) in Brattleboro. We had our "site day" yesterday, which is when we all get together to clean up the site and choose our booth spots. We choose our spots based on a point system. Every vendor gets points for things like volunteer duties, being a member of the board or a committee, and attendance. Because I've served on the board for the last couple of years, I'm moving up the list and got to choose my spot fairly early in the day. I chose to be in a completely different area of the market then I have been in for the last 5 years, so with new and unfamiliar neighbors, it will be almost like starting over again.

If you happen to be in Vermont between May 5th and the last weekend of October, be sure to stop by our market. It's every Saturday from 9-2.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home