Food, Photos and Travel

Monday, March 05, 2007

Back from Bali

So I tried to write about Bali while I was there, but the thought of typing away at a computer didn't sound like fun.

I'm still pretty jet lagged... 30 hours is a long time to travel. My luggage has still not arrived here from JFK. It has all of the great stuff I bought while I was there, plus the power cord to my laptop (which means I can't get my pictures because the battery is dead). I have a few shots though, that were on the memory cards that came with me on my carry on.

I have a friend who owns a small shop here in Brattleboro. She wanted me to do some shopping for her in Bali, so I bought her some great jewelry and clothing, and some gorgeous, handmade Batik sarongs. I had a duvet cover made from a horrendously bright pink and yellow silk fabrics. I hope I see them again.

The photo shoot went smoothly, we got some great shots that really highlight the beauty of Bali and her soap. Here's just a sneak peak...



My favorite experience in Bali, which I do have photos of, was being invited to a family temple ceremony. We were driving from Munduk to Lovina and came upon a procession of people. We stopped to watch and take some photos, and were invited in for food and to meet the family. I have promised to send them copies of the photos...











More photos to come...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home